As the largest ecommerce platform, Amazon has become an essential channel for sellers to reach customers globally. With the increasing competition on Amazon, it’s important for sellers to stand out from the crowd and build a strong brand identity. One of the most powerful tools for brands of every size is a storefront, which collectively showcase over 2.5 million products. We’re helping you maximize your brand impact with how to make an Amazon storefront, including what it is and what best practices you can use.
What is an Amazon storefront?
An Amazon storefront is a custom landing page created by sellers on Amazon to showcase their brand, products, and story. It’s a microsite within the Amazon platform that allows sellers to present their products in a unique and personalized way. It’s a one-stop-shop for customers to learn more about the brand, browse products, and make purchases.
Why should sellers invest in one?
According to Amazon, sellers who create a storefront can increase their sales by up to 20%. In addition, storefronts have been shown to increase customer engagement and conversion rates. This is because they are an opportunity to highlight your brand, show off unique features, and educate consumers about your benefits.
With an Amazon storefront, customers can easily browse the seller’s products, learn more about the brand, and make purchases without leaving the Amazon platform. This can result in a better customer experience, leading to increased customer loyalty and retention.
Sellers with storefronts find better marketing opportunities by creating and promoting their own marketing campaigns, including deals and promotions, which can attract more customers and drive sales.
How to Make an Amazon Storefront
Fortunately, Amazon makes building out your storefront page straightforward and easy. Here’s a step-by-step process to get you started:
- Sign up for Amazon Brand Registry
- To create a storefront, you must first sign up for Amazon Brand Registry. This program is designed to help brands protect their intellectual property and create a better customer experience. To sign up for Brand Registry, you must have a registered trademark for your brand.
- Access the Amazon storefront builder
- Once you’re enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry, log in to your seller account and go to the “Stores” tab. From there, click on “Create Store” to access the storefront builder.
- Choose a storefront template
- Amazon offers several storefront templates, including basic, image-focused, and video-focused designs. Choose a template that aligns with your brand’s aesthetic and messaging.
- Customize your storefront
- Once you’ve selected a template, you can begin customizing your storefront. Upload high-quality images and videos, add your logo and tagline, and create a navigation structure that makes it easy for customers to find what they need.
- Add products to your storefront
- To add products to your storefront, go to the “Manage Pages” section and select “Add a Page.” Choose the type of page you want to create, such as a product page or category page, and then select the products you want to include.
- Publish your storefront
- Once you’ve finished customizing your storefront and adding products, click “Publish” to make your storefront live on Amazon. You can make changes to your storefront at any time by logging in to your seller account and accessing the storefront builder.
Amazon Storefront Best Practices
Now that you have your storefront up and running, it’s time to take it to the next level. Here are some best practices for optimizing your page to ensure you are providing the best experience for your customers.
Visuals are key to creating a successful storefront. Use high-quality images and videos to showcase your products and tell your brand story. Make sure your visuals are consistent with your brand’s style and messaging.
Your storefront should be an extension of you, so focus on your brand. Use your brand’s colors, fonts, and imagery to create a cohesive look and feel. Include your logo and tagline to reinforce your identity.
More than half of all Amazon purchases are made on mobile devices. Make sure your storefront is optimized for mobile users, with a responsive design and fast loading times.
Your storefront should showcase your best-selling products and new arrivals. Use product recommendations and personalized content to guide customers to products they may be interested in.
Make it easy for customers to navigate your storefront by creating a clear structure. Use categories and subcategories to organize your products. Include a search bar to help customers find what they’re looking for.
Customer reviews can help build trust and credibility with potential customers. Include reviews on your product pages and storefront to showcase social proof.
Create special deals and promotions for your storefront to attract customers and drive sales. Use Amazon’s tools to create coupons and lightning deals.
Use Amazon Advertising to promote your storefront and products. Target your ads to specific audiences and keywords to maximize your reach and drive traffic to your storefront.
Perfect Your Page with Teikametrics
If you want your storefront, listings, ads, and keywords to be the best they can be, use Flywheel 2.0. Our industry-leading AI optimization tool uses data from multiple marketplaces, so you’re always keyed into current best practices. Additionally, it improves your listings every hour, so you maximize every single opportunity. Experience the difference with a free trial.